1996 Gen 1 Performer

Gino

Hello
new to this site as I am refurbishing my 1996 Blue Gen 1 Performer in Stainless. Trying to utilize existing ash catcher however, the cross bar or brace that supports it is corroded with rust and unusable. Any ideas how to construct another method so I can keep the original ash catcher? Not excited going with a newer Gen ash catcher and tweaking the 3 supports.
much appreciated

Welcome from Kalona, IA. I'm sure someone here will be able to assist you or point you in the right direction for a replacement part. Good Luck! Show us photos of your progress.

Welcome Anthony.

I have an older kettle with the old style sweeps but no ash catcher and some time ago looked into adding a catcher. I recall only finding posts to upgrade to the next generation style used around 2004.

I had this page bookmarked but did not do the mod because I picked up a used 2004 one-touch platinum for free that had an ash catcher. The "hose-clamp mod" seemed reasonable, but again I only got to the "read about it" stage.

Someone was making a after market copy of that cross piece on here at one time.
They might of moved on to the Weber Kettle club.

I did the hose clamp mod described in the Weber Kettle Club link above. Non-invasive and reversible! You just have to bend the tabs out of the way; these tabs insert insert into the current design kettle leg sockets and prevent the ash catcher holder from sitting correctly on the older kettles.

Back