12 Reasons for Buying Weber
- Cover prevents burnt food...eliminates flame flare-up, seals in natural flavor.
- Dampers control heat for easier cooking.
- Seals in natural juices lost in ordinary cooking...more flavor...less shrinkage.
- Cover reflects heat to speed cooking time.
- Saves charcoal for reuse up to three times...pays for itself in charcoal savings.
- Cover and dampers eliminate need for grill adjustment crank...nothing to get out of order.
- No spit needed...deep cover permits cooking roasts or fowl without ever turning.
- Don't have to stand guard over food...just relax!
- No pea gravel required because of charcoal grill.
- Cover keeps dirt, rain and bugs off food.
- Genuine porcelain enamel finish weather-proofed inside and out.
- Unaffected by shifting winds.
1959-1960 Weber-Stephen Covered Cooking With Magic Weber Bar-B-Q Kettle Brochure
Based on the brochure content and what we know of Weber history, we can date this brochure to 1959-60:
- George Stephen acquired the grill business from Weber Bros. Metal Works in 1959.
- The back of the brochure includes the phrase "Formerly Weber Bros. Metal Works" suggesting a transitional period not far after the acquisition of the grill business.
This brochure contains much of the same content as the 1955 Weber Bros Cooking With Magic Weber Bar-B-Q Kettle Brochure but with some significant differences. There is emphasis about how a Weber grill pays for itself in charcoal savings...that a Weber kettle will yield an annual savings of $24.75 in charcoal versus an open grill. Also, two pages are devoted to indoor and fireplace cooking...emphasis is on using a foil drip pan to catch grease to eliminate smoke in the house, with only one sentence mentioning "Keep room well ventilated."
By the time this brochure was produced, all Weber grills being manufactured were porcelain coated. That was not the case at the time of the 1955 Weber Bros Cooking With Magic Weber Bar-B-Q Kettle Brochure when some grills were porcelain coated while others had a "special heat-resistant silicon paint" that needed to be "heat treated" before first use.Only Weber Bar-B-Q Kettles are completely weatherproof. Weber Bar-B-Q Kettles can be left outdoors the seasons round, year after year, with no damage to their finish. Every Weber Bar-B-Q Kettle is permanently protected, inside and outside, by a beautiful genuine porcelain finish fused into the metal...easily wipes clean...doesn't scratch or rust.
Hope you enjoy this classic Weber brochure. Special thanks to the owner of this piece of Weber history for sharing it exclusively with TVWBB!
Update: Here are covers from earlier versions of this brochure.
This cover is from a 1956 version of the brochure. Note that the brochure is still labeled "Weber Bros. Metal Works". Adding 71 years to Weber Bros.'s 1885 start date = 1956.
This cover is from a 1958 version of the brochure. Note that the brochure is still labeled "Weber Bros. Metal Works". Adding 73 years to Weber Bros.'s 1885 start date = 1958.