18.5" WSM on OTP Body

Bill C. (Cappy)

TVWBB Member
Well I just scored a OTP in the St. Louis area for $25.00 that's right $25.00! So my little plan is coming together and I will post pictures when it is done. I have an idea but any suggestions are appreciated. A buddy in the Lou is picking it up for me tomorrow! Woo Hoo!!!!

What are your plans for the grill part of the Performer since you're going to use the table for your WSM?

Pat

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pat Smith:
What are your plans for the grill part of the Performer since you're going to use the table for your WSM?

Pat </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The grill looked to be kind of rough, if it's not to bad I may try to pick up some legs and wheels and make another 22.5 Kettle. I noticed on my Green Performer it had "leg holes". If thats not possible I may scavenge the coal baskets. Do you have any ideas?

I've been looking for a bowl from either a Performer or an old One Touch Platinum to put on my Performer table while I do some renovation work on the bowl of my red performer. It's a 1992 model and the high temp paint I used to cover the dings on the bowl wasn't quite high temperature enough so I need to bring it into the shop for a touch up.

I was going to offer to take the grill part off of our hands if I could figure out a cost effective way to get it down this way.

Thanks,

Pat

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pat Smith:
I was going to offer to take the grill part off of our hands if I could figure out a cost effective way to get it down this way.

Thanks,

Pat </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let me get it in and see what shape it is in and we can put our heads together! It my be bad enough it's not worth it. I will keep you in the loop Pat.

Hey Pat I was just educated by another member of the forum, I made a rookie mistake. The grill is a One Touch Platnium not a Performer. Good for me with "less" work to do to remove the gas assembly but maybe bad news for you. I will keep you in the loop! Sorry!

I am planning on making a mount and mounting my 18.5 WSM on this OTP table. Is or was there a width difference on the 18.5 OTP & 22.5 OTP tables. If not I was thinking of ordering the 18.5 cover so it would fit "better" around the top of the smoker.

Back