18.5 Weber Stainless Steel Wok Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry L

TVWBB Fan
Picked this up at Ace Hardware today, NIB. I paid $40 for it but have some questions.

1.Is it worth $40 or did I pay way too much?

2.Will this work on my 22.5 Performer? Maybe leave the grill grate on and try to cook with it on top of the grate?

If it will not work I guess I'll either take it back or try to sell it. Thanks in advance guys!

DSC01775.jpg

DSC01774.jpg

The wok is made to fit your 18.5 of course, but will still work on the 22.5. It goes on top of the cooking grate, and just pile your coals right under the center of it! Enjoy, they work pretty good. I'm pretty sure Weber has a small inventory left of the 18.5" ones, just not the 22.5's. You should call them and ask how much they are charging for them. But make sure you talk to a knowledgeable CS rep. Many of them don't know much about older stuff that isn't sold any longer in the stores.

Called Weber Jeff and the lady I talked to was very helpful. She new exactly what I was talking about but unfortunately no 22.5 woks exist anymore at Weber. I'll just throw the 18.5 on my grill grates and cook like that then!

Shaun R was looking for an 18.5" one on May 30. The thread doesnt exist anymore as it was on the trading post. He had a new 22.5 just like the one you had to trade. Perhaps you two should connect?

Originally posted by Lawrence M.:
Shaun R was looking for an 18.5" one on May 30. The thread doesnt exist anymore as it was on the trading post. He had a new 22.5 just like the one you had to trade. Perhaps you two should connect?

Definitely will have to talk to him then...I just sent him an email.

Terry I had the exact same issue, and I found the perfect solution. I purchased the Charbroil CI grate. It has a 2.5" inch outer ring that fits the 22.5" inch kettle. Then the wok sits in there perfectly. The bonus is you now have a cast iron grate as well as the tool for your wok.

dsc06009k.jpg

By zavod44 at 2011-12-22

Brian I ordered the same CI grate on Friday, just waiting for it to ship. That's awesome to know that the grate works with the wok!

Two questions:
1) Brian/Terry, where did you order that specific CB CI grate? I have had trouble finding it.
2) If "trading post really is a place to swap, trade, and assist others finding what they want, doesn't 7 days seem a short amount of time to delete threads?

Originally posted by Gerd H:
Two questions:
1) Brian/Terry, where did you order that specific CB CI grate? I have had trouble finding it.
2) If "trading post really is a place to swap, trade, and assist others finding what they want, doesn't 7 days seem a short amount of time to delete threads?

Gerd the model # of the CI I ordered is 7315453. I got it at charbroil.com. It only shows the insert but the lady I talked to said it fit 22 and 18 models so I'm going to assume that's the one Brian has pictured because they have no other round CI grates at charbroil. Total cost was $30 + 10 shipping for $40.

Gerd my grates just showed up this morning and they are the 18 insert and 22 outer ring so feel free to order them. Box says they are porcelain enamled CI. Brain, the 18 wok fits perfectly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back