11 Year old Genesis 310 porcelain flavoring bars getting rusty

Darren Lebner

TVWBB All-Star
They're still holding up. When do they need to be changed? When pinholes start appearing or sooner? Are there stainless replacement bars? Burner knobs on the front, FYI.

When holes start appearing, it is time IMO. Sometimes the bottom edges get really ragged as well.
Yes, there are stainless versions available and highly recommended. Just make sure you get a set that is 16 gauge. Most are only 20 gauge but they will not last nearly as long. If you can get ones that are 304, that is best, but 430 and other stainless versions are still much better than the porcelain coated ones.

When holes start appearing, it is time IMO. Sometimes the bottom edges get really ragged as well.
Yes, there are stainless versions available and highly recommended. Just make sure you get a set that is 16 gauge. Most are only 20 gauge but they will not last nearly as long. If you can get ones that are 304, that is best, but 430 and other stainless versions are still much better than the porcelain coated ones.

So who's the best supplier for these? Weber or someone else?

Thanks.

The best supplier would be Dave Santana AKA RCPlanebuyer. But the word is that he is no longer able to source the Stainless steel to make them. I would check on Amazon. But this is where you have to make sure you are getting 16 ga bars.

Also, make sure that when you order some, they are for your model of grill. I am not sure if you have the front or side control knobs. While the grill model number (E-310), they are very different grills internally and each use different flavorizer bars.

Best way to compare aftermarket flavorizers on Amazon is to scroll down and compare the package weight under "product information," as some will claim heavier gauge than what the product actually is. Just about all of them claim to be stainless if they're not porcelain. Comparing the package weight, you can see some differences among all brands you've never heard of...for my old Genesis 1000 I chose these (none available right now) because they claimed to be 16 gauge and were among the heaviest listed for under $40. When I installed them, they were actually pretty comparable in weight to what I'd replaced. Looks like that vendor offers something for the E-300 series in 18 gauge.

You could also spend around $100 on Weber ones, but for less than half I felt it was worth rolling the dice on a consumable part.

Weber will discount. Just ask and see what they’ll do. Weber has been very fair to me over my ownership lifetime with them. They know who their good customers are. Especially if you’re registering your grills with them.

Back