Anyone know what this is?

Sam Bee

TVWBB All-Star
Hello all,

Anyone know what this is (the silver object sticking out)? It's under the manifold of my Genesis 1000.

gh5XbS5.jpg

RhcVCOI.jpg

RhcVCOI.jpg

Is it a plug for the hole for a side burner? If so then does anyone know if a Silver C side burner hose would fit into that hole (Genny 1000 manifold)? Thanks

It is a plug indeed. Yes, any side burner will fit, but sometimes you have to go get adapter parts. If you intend to add a side burner, use the plug to find the correct fitting for the side burner, if necessary.

It is a plug indeed. Yes, any side burner will fit, but sometimes you have to go get adapter parts. If you intend to add a side burner, use the plug to find the correct fitting for the side burner, if necessary.

Perfect, thanks!

Yah, that is an extra port for an additional side burner. It is probably a 1/8" NPT connection. I have two of those on my Genesis 1000. Why, I don't know?

zwVuAWT.jpg

Yep, take the manifold out and chuck it into a vice to hold it steady. DON"T CRUSH IT JUST HOLD IT btw. IT looks pretty mangled already so I think you may have already tried. No? Anyway chuck it in a vice so it's held solid and use a GOOD Vice Grip (not the cheap Chineseum junk a GOOD USA made one) and it'll come out. I have done it many times.

That is probably a 1/8" NPT and you can buy an adapter to convert it to a 3/8" flare which is what most propane lines use. Then you can connect it to whatever you want. But, I wouldn't pull it out unless you have a use for it, like adding an extra side burner or something like that.

Thanks LM. Yah, I tried to take it out yesterday and that's why it looks mangled.

- - - Updated - - -

That is probably a 1/8" NPT and you can buy an adapter to convert it to a 3/8" flare which is what most propane lines use. Then you can connect it to whatever you want. But, I wouldn't pull it out unless you have a use for it, like adding an extra side burner or something like that.

Yup, pulling it out because I am adding a side burner.

Back