Refurb suggestions

Before using grinder:
DedUQ1r.jpg

After my first attempts with the grinder and cup brush this is where I am:
iYT5IQ1.jpg

Any thoughts on how to clean up the edges around the sides of the hood where the smoke escapes while cooking?

I wouldn't bother if I was you. That grill is good to go. Throw some cow flesh on that thing and enjoy.

OK, then I would hit the inside with the angle grinder next. To clean them further, you could get a small wire brush wheel for your drill and get more into the nooks and crannies. Are you going to repaint the outside of the lid? If so, paint the inside on those vents as well after you cleaned them out as good as you can.

Weber painted those areas under the lid as well. You will notice the original weber paint on your grill. Here is one I did last year.

iRtPvKk.jpg

Last edited:
Dave, you just had to and repost that didn't you!!! Dang I would really like one. My workmate type table is starting to get pretty beat up as it has seen a lot of use over the last couple years.

How does the JawHorse do with water. I clean all my hoods and other parts on my workmate and use the hose to rinse them off.

Bruce, I guess it would do fine, but I don't really have any idea.
I generally take all the grills and smokers I get to the car wash.
My neighbors kind of give me the stink eye when I bring 3 or 4
grills out on the drive to work on. Bringing out the angle grinder
really gives them an attitude. If I were to start washing grills and
having all the nasty runoff, they would flip sh!t and lose their minds.

Sheesh, glad I don't live in the city with neighbors on top of me. If it was me, I would probably go out of my way to stress them out. Maybe go buy one of those one piece coverall white suits and then go to town on a cook box. They would think it was a HAZMAT situation going on that way.

Back