Thread: Need new Stoker Pit Controller Parts Source?

Need new Stoker Pit Controller Parts Source?

Unfortunately Rock's Barbecue has closed up shop, so I was curious if anyone has been able to find an alternative source for the Stoker II's temperature probe's or blower. I believe I could fix the blower if it needed repair on the blower end, but I have no idea how I would repair or replace a temperature probe. The system has been flawless for me since getting it to make the long cooks much easier with the WSM.

Hi Jon,

We're working on developing a method that can be used to DIY a replacement probe or blower for the Stoker II system. Google "Rocks BBQ, aka, Stoker Has Closed" on the Egg forum for more details. I'd post a link, but I'm new and I'm not sure if that would get me in trouble with moderators.

My goal is to develop a method that we can publish where you can make a DIY pigtail plug adapter with off the shelf parts (k-type thermocouples and fans). I realize the world has evolved greatly in the last 15 years around Stoker, and it'd be easy to just throw a few hundred bucks at something else. I'm hoping that I can use a "SeeedStudio Grove 1-Wire Thermocouple Amplifier (MAX31850K)" for the thermocouple. Not sure on the blower yet....

Stay tuned...

This is so weird. I came here today with this exact question. I'd love to find out how to do this. It would be great if we could make our own temp probes and fans. Please keep us updated.

Bill
    Last edited by Bill Freiberger; Yesterday at 11:27 AM.