Thread: Grilled Zucchini Guacamole

TVWBB Super Fan

Grilled Zucchini Guacamole

I don't know about you, but summer has been going by too fast. Advertising for "BACK TO SCHOOL" agggggg!!! Let's hold on to summer here as long as we can. There are just too many goodies that we haven't gotten around to eating yet. Here is one for example. Just found it. I'm sure when I show it to DH, he will want to make it for us. (I hope) lol. What about y'all? Have any goodies you want to make before the cold weather sets in again? Hey, good topic for the "conversation" site. Hope you think this appetizer is good also. lol

Grilled Zucchini Guacamole
    serves 4

1 zucchini, quartered lengthwise
    cooking spray
    1 avocado, pitted, peeled and cubed
    3 TB. finely chopped red onion
    2 TB. chopped cilantro
    2 tsp. fresh lime juice
    1/2 tsp. ground coriander

Heat grill to medium-high. Spray zucchini with cooking spray. Grill zucchini until tender, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Let cool, then chop.

In medium bowl, mix zucchini, avocado, onion, cilantro, lime juice and coriander; season with salt.

Source: Rachael Ray mag. July/Aug. 2019 - Kingsford recipe booklet

TVWBB Pro
    Finding ways to use up zucchinis is always a good thing. I try to pick mine small but there are always 1-2 that are hidden and become enormous. The recipe does not say anything about the size. Do you think a ginormous one will work? Probably not.

TVWBB Super Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSmith View Post
    Finding ways to use up zucchinis is always a good thing. I try to pick mine small but there are always 1-2 that are hidden and become enormous. The recipe does not say anything about the size. Do you think a ginormous one will work? Probably not.
    Hi Bill, I guess it would depend on the size of your avocado and which one you like best. lol Must be nice living someplace where you can grow your own food. We have some trees on our property that don't grow a darn thing, even a palm tree that wont grow any coconuts. I keep asking DH to get rid of them and plant a mango, avocado, lemon, and a lime tree. That is my dream. lol