Finally an E330 side skewer

George Si

TVWBB Super Fan
Hi
Took off middle 3 FB’s put drip pan and used 2 outer burners on minimum. Again temp went up to about 358 so I pried open the lid and cooked at around 300. Curious what temp others use for rotisserie chicken. Geez maybe 350 degrees would b ok??

AYaGz10.jpg

Yes it was good but slightly cooked too long. Next time will keep lid closed and cook at 350 not as long. George

I would not be so concerned about 350 vs 300 O would DEFINITELY NEVER prop the hood either. Doing so loses much of how you make spinning the food effective. Do be sure it actually works better with a higher temp under hood than lower. Next time put a piece of tape over the thermo and leave the 2 burners at low or medium and BOTH THE SAME do not vary from side to side. This is another great disadvantage to NS grills is you cannot do a one burner cook or vary them. Bottom line even running 375 to 400 you're fine

Thanks. That is encouraging. I also learned my lesson with the hood propped up-I grabbed the handle not realizing the escaping heat sure gets it hot...No major burn, just an "ouch".. Can you explain what you mean by putting a piece of tape over thermo??? George
ps I use the ThermPro probe(TP-08S) and it is pretty close to the Weber temp??

Thanks. That is encouraging. I also learned my lesson with the hood propped up-I grabbed the handle not realizing the escaping heat sure gets it hot...No major burn, just an "ouch".. Can you explain what you mean by putting a piece of tape over thermo??? George
ps I use the ThermPro probe(TP-08S) and it is pretty close to the Weber temp??

I don't like to use the Weber thermometer because it's not accurate. Here's an article where they talk about the thermometer that's mounted on the grill hood (scroll more than halfway down where it says "Bi-metal dial thermometers: Most are not reliable".)

https://amazingribs.com/ratings-reviews/best-thermometers/how-thermometers-work

Can you explain what you mean by putting a piece of tape over thermo???

Meaning forget it's even there. Pay no attention to it as it is useless for what you're doing. Heck my Wolf doesn't even have one at all and I don't miss it

Back