Weber Genesis S-345

Billy B

When looking for a new gas grill, this one garnered my interest enough to pick up. Since it's basically the Genesis II S-335 with a few extras for the base S335, I felt it was a good deal. I wanted to create a thread with anyone that picked this up and any tips.

My first issue: I just unboxed mine but can't build until I get back in more than a week from a business trip. However, I did notice that there was some odd corrosion or something on the left side of the inner box portion of the cook box, so was wondering if inner cook box stuff like this was normal. I'd add a picture but I can't directly upload pics from this interface.

I posted some in the other Costco thread of my experience buying my 345 from Costco a few weeks ago. I found no corrosion nor had any integrity issues putting it together. If Costco has any more I would take it back or contact Weber and see what they say. I have been a Weber customer for 15+ years and normally have had good experience dealing with their customer service but wanted to exchange my SS 7mm grates for the 9's and they refused. My guess is they will tell you to contact Costco and if they are out will probably help you. That's just a guess though.

That being said I love my grill. The iGrill3's distance (for connection to your phone) is bluetooth and only has a range of about 25 feet. That is the only thing I wasn't thrilled with. I personally think the add ons you get is well worth it and is around $200.00 in value plus the Costco return policy.

Here's the other Costco 345 thread with some good info.

https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?77031-Saw-this-Genesis-at-Costco-today&highlight=Costco

Last edited:

Back