Cooler Meter?

Mike Smith DFW

TVWBB Member
I finally used my heater meter for the first time yesterday. unit works great. wifi works great, and I even had it on the DDNS so I could see it when I went to go pick up my kids.

one thing I noticed is that when the fire was falling it would get to a point where- the faster the fan spun, instead of getting hotter, the faster the pit temp dropped.

Im sure its the positioning of my fan or something but it got me to thinking, would it be possible to set up a HM for cooling duty?

for example, have a UDS and place the fan way up near the grates instead of near the fire. at 100% output its probably cooling the pit rather rapidly. a cooler meter plus a heater meater could make for one hell of a unit.

follow up to this- I just saw in the documentation that one can invert the fan settings to use it for cooling instead of heating

NICE.
so here's what Im thinking. I know for a fact that my 15cfm fan at 100% acts as a cooler and not a heater.

Im planning to use the servo only for heating up, and the fan for cooling. I feel like this way I will never have to worry about overshoot.

BUT, I want to use two different microdampers. one for the fan one for the servo. since the fan is too restrictive of airflow.

would it be a simple matter of splitting one Ethernet cable to two units? or is there an even simpler way to achieve this? for example adding an Ethernet jack(if such a thing exists) that splits one signal into two

Back