Buffalo Roast

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
I have a Buffalo roast sitting in my chest freezer and am itching to put it on my Genesis 1000 and have another chance to use my new Thermoworks Smoke remote Thermometer.

Does anyone have any advice for me in cooking it up? I do have a rotisserie for the grill that could accommodate the roast as well if that might be a good route to go.

Let me know,
Bruce

Just to be clear, we're talking about a roast like a round roast, right? For me, I treat buffalo the same as I treat beef. So, if it's like a round roast, a little oil on the outside with salt, pepper, garlic powder; slice up a clove or two of garlic (widthwise) stick knife into the roast and shove the garlic cloves in the holes and rotisserie until rare. (Yeah, I know people say you're not supposed to pierce meat. But, I ain't skeered.:cool:)

Dammit. I just went out to look at the "Roast". It aint a Roast, it is freekin' soup bones. It ain't even buffalo, it is beef. How the heck can anyone expect a guy to cook soup bones on a gas grill??????

It was part of a load of buffalo meat my parents gave me a couple months ago and I just assumed it was a roast. They have given me them in the past. They have a friend who raises buffalo.

So, now I can't let this go. I am going to have to out and buy a beef or pork roast now just to be able to cook it on the grill.

How the heck can anyone expect a guy to cook soup bones on a gas grill??????

If you have dogs they'll love it.

Tim

Now that I have a nice grill, all I want to cook is stuff that I can do on my grill. It took a lot of effort to make a big crock pot full of chili yesterday. I kept thinking about how that ground beef would have made some nice burgers for the grill.

Now that I have a nice grill, all I want to cook is stuff that I can do on my grill. It took a lot of effort to make a big crock pot full of chili yesterday. I kept thinking about how that ground beef would have made some nice burgers for the grill.

Next time save enough for the burger and grill it when you start the chili. The chili won't miss it.

Back