Performer Grill: Propane Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raf_G

Hi everyone. Great site you guys have here.
After wanting a Performer for a long time, I finally got mine yesterday.

Hope someone can help me out here...
With a performer grill, do you really need a little propane cylinder or could I buy a regular propane tank with connecting hose?

I went out and bought a cylinder per the directions but if I can get away with using a regular tank and adapting hose, I'll take that route instead.

Thanks.
Raf

You can definitely use the larger propane tank with your performer. In order to do so, you will need the adapter hose that Weber sells.

The small cylinders last for about 10 to 12 lights, and they are less cumbersome than a large tank.

I thought about going to a big tank on mine, but the cylinders last so long I am not going to bother.

Im going on at least 20 cooks on my first small propane bottle. I leave it on around 5 minutes, dont see any need for it running longer than that.

I just got a nice stainless steel, blue performer. It has the 5lb propane tank with is too old to be refilled. Weber customer support said a replacement 5lb tank (with overflow protection) is 50 bucks. That seemed a little excessive to me.

I saw above that you can get an adapter to use 20lb tanks but can you get an adapter to use the small camping tanks?

Bill

Harbor Freight sells a "Propane Bottle Refill Kit" that lets you refill the 16.4 oz bottles from a 20 lb cylinder. It sells for under $17. A whole bunch cheaper than having to keep buying the little bottles and throwing them in the trash. And yes those big cylinders can be cumbersome if you need to move your Performer.

I got one of those Propane Bottle Refill Kits and use it to fill the bottles for my Weber Q and Coleman stove. I've been happy with it so far.

Bill

I got one of the adapters from H.F. also. I put the empty small cylinders in the freezer for a while before filling works like a charm.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Harbor Freight sells a "Propane Bottle Refill Kit" that lets you refill the 16.4 oz bottles from a 20 lb cylinder. It sells for under $17. A whole bunch cheaper than having to keep buying the little bottles and throwing them in the trash. And yes those big cylinders can be cumbersome if you need to move your Performer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What a great piece of information. I love this forum!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back