NG vs Propane

Tony W

I have a Genesis Silver B that is currently propane. I'm thinking of converting it to NG. I'm curious if performance will be different if I do convert (not get as hot) to NG. I'd hate to lay out the money for a new manifold and then be disappointed in its performance. TIA.
Tony

I have had both in the past, what I found was NG would go much lower that propane which is great depending on what/how you cook.

I had no problems getting 500 out of NG.

Converted my Genesis about 10 years ago and am thrilled with the results. Cooks just as well and never have to mess with propane tanks again!

Enjoy!

Mike

I've been cooking on a 1995 Genesis 1000 also. It was originally a propane model that I converted in 2000. I did not notice any loss in performance and not dealing with LP tanks is a big plus!

Once you go to natural gas youll never look back! Technically NG does not burn as hot as LP....but you wont notice a difference in temps at all on a Genesis as most others here posted. I had a Genesis B before my 670 that I converted from LP to NG and didnt notice a difference at all once I converted. Go for it!

I LOVE my NG Genesis so much that I would even take a hit on performance if I had to were I in your shoes (though it sounds like you won't have to).

NOT getting propane tanks refilled or worrying about running out mid cook is awesome. I don't think you will regret it once you pull the trigger.

Back