Help! New build not working.

OliverECalderon

Newbie here. I could use some help. I just finished my HM 4.3 kit w ras pi3 and thermocouples. When I plug it in, there's a delay of a second or so, all 3 LED, the yellow one blinks for a second (then thorns off). The green and red light stay lit. There is nothing on the display. As far as I know I flashed the correctly (I have a bit of experience flashing images on raspi')

What could have gone wrong?

As soon as I can figure out how to upload pictures I'll upload a bunch of them.

Thanks in advance.

cameraroll

Did you adjust the display contrast pot? It's the blue thing on the left side of the button board.

Yeah it sounds like it is all up and running as that is the standard bootup sequence, all lights blink on boot, then the green is indicating "blower on" and red is indicating "max output". Seems like the HeaterMeter is working so there's either a problem between the ATmega -> shift register -> LCD or the contrast pot needs to be adjusted as Steve said.

I've adjusted the contrast pot with no success. The screen does have backlight, but there's nothing on the screen. The red and green lights stay lit. If I plug the thermocouples, all lights go off, but if I unplug it, the yellow one lights and stays lit. I have a video, but can't seem to get it uploaded to Flickr for posting

Back