Cleaning

Floris Vande Walle

TVWBB Member
Greeting from Belgium!

How are you? To be honest, I don't own any Weber books, as I only just started. Might buy them in the near future.

May I ask how do you clean your BBQ? I know Weber has lots of products, but I'm not sure if they are worth the money. That's why I was wondering if you knew some tips and tricks to prevent sticking to the grill, to clean grease,...

Thanks in advance!

Oh, and while i'm allready taking your time, will you send the book to Belgium if I win a example? ;)

Floris,

Its good to meet you. Welcome!

Cleaning off your grill grates after a hot dogs and ears of corn is no big deal; some food don’t leave much behind. But eventually you will take on something really messy like barbecued ribs slathered in sweet, gloopy sauce, and if you let that gunk dry on the grate overnight, it will require a lot from a grill brush. Clean up will be much easier if the grill is hot, so first of all, your brush should be long that you get all the way to back of your grill without singing your hand. Second, the handle should be sturdy enough that when you lean down hard in the middle to apply pressure on the grate, it barely bends or does not bend at all. Finally, the bristles should very stiff and solidly attached to the end of the handle. Now just preheat the grill with high heat, with the lid closed, for 10 to 15 minutes, A good grill brush and some good pressure from you will make the grate the smooth and clean.

Yes, of course, if you win the book, I will send it to Belgium.

Good luck!
Jamie

Back