Thread: Flame Boss

Flame Boss

Looking into getting an ATC and was wondering if anyone has had any luck with Flame Boss controllers? I like their claim of simple wifi connection since I am not too computer savvy but don't see a lot of talk about this unit. What are some of the pro/cons?
    Thanks

Different smokes for different folks. Wish the Dollar Store sold gas!

You can try Flame Boss for 30 days and if you don't like it, they'll take it back.

From their return policy:

Flame Boss stands behind the products it manufactures and sells to its customers. If you are not 100% satisfied with the product you have purchased from Flame Boss, Flame Boss will accept a return of the product, no questions asked, within the first 30 days from the date of receipt of the product.

Please securely package the product you are returning in its original packaging, including all documentation that was provided with the product, when you send it back to Flame Boss. Flame Boss will refund the payment to the original method of payment used for the purchase, usually within 10 business days of Flame Boss’s receipt of the returned item.

JayW,

First ask your self, "Do you need remote control"? Wi-Fi will let you adjust the Flame Boss with a smart phone from just about anywhere. Your PC/router will have to use port forwarding. Not hard to set up, instruction will be found on the web.

I have the FB100-U on a 18.5" WSM. Set the temp and forget it. I already had the Maverick ET723 and could view the pit & meat temps anywhere in the house. The variable speed fan is the cat's meow! When the temps are at setpoint put the meat/food into the smoker. In a few minutes the PID controller will have things just dandy. Fan puffs air into the smoker at about 14% of total fan speed. Little chance of ash being blown about. The auto learn feature works. Open lid sensor will turn off the fan in a moment or two. Fan time off is adjustable.

Good unit,

Craig H

TVWBB Fan
    pretty interesting review here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO3WLpigDdQ
    22" 1986, 18" 2017, Broil King Regal 490 PRO gas grill 2015, Thermoworks Thermapen and Smoke with GW