Question about Lx S-440 NG

Tony C

Hey guys so this is my first natural gas grill. So my question is the 4 main burners light correctly, when the knob is turned to the ignite position and released it will continue clicking until you turn it to the gas. But the side burner is a bit different for me. If I turn it to ignite and released it clicks once and the does nothing. So in order to light it I need to go back to closed position and then push in and continue holding in and turn to ignite without letting go then wait for it to ignite then turn to gas. Is this normal?

Also when I opened my unit some clips that hold the rear panel in place were broken. Weber sent me replacements which were much thicker and stronger. I guess this was an issue for them and they redesigned.

Last edited:
Hey guys so this is my first natural gas grill. So my question is the 4 main burners light correctly, when the knob is turned to the ignite position and released it will continue clicking until you turn it to the gas. But the side burner is a bit different for me. If I turn it to ignite and released it clicks once and the does nothing. So in order to light it I need to go back to closed position and then push in and continue holding in and turn to ignite without letting go then wait for it to ignite then turn to gas. Is this normal?

Also when I opened my unit some clips that hold the rear panel in place were broken. Weber sent me replacements which were much thicker and stronger. I guess this was an issue for them and they redesigned.

I don't have an answer to your question. If you call weber support they may know.

On a side note, how do you like the grill? I'm in the market for a 4 series weber and am considering the SE-410 and the S-440 and I'm wondering if the LX is worth the extra $$

I did call weber support and the lady wasnt sure if that was normal. She did offer to send another valve body to me but if it's normal I don't want to change it.

Well at first I was going to get the 310 then I was told by some friends who grill a lot to get at least a four burner. So then started looking at the 410. She wanted a side burner and she wasn't sure how she felt about the cast iron grates rusting in between uses. I'm pretty sure the ss ones rust too once the nickel is gone but happy wife.... Also the open cabinet design wouldn't work for me because I know that oil drip tray would go flying the first day. As far as if it's worth it? I don't have anything previous grill to compare it to but I really do like it so far. I think weber kind of forces you to spend the extra money if you want that side burner! The extra height on the lid is nice too.
Lol on the initial burn off it turned almost everything black or tarnished, she wasn't very happy lolol. Also I didn't know those flavorizer bars glow like that! Pretty cool

Back