Outdoor kitchen/grilling area using E-330

LarryR

TVWBB Diamond Member
Purchased an E-330 last year, this spring I've decided to install what is really more of an outdoor grilling area vs. kitchen. Not planning on doing a sink but will have a grill, space for my ceramic, fridge. I've posted a picture of a setup similar to what I want to do. Here's my question. Anyone have experience using their existing Weber grill when building a unit like this? My thought is to have them leave a space between two pieces for the grill to sit in. I'd like to drop my unit in but I don't think my E-330 supports that. Would really prefer to stay with this grill vs. over pay for one of their built ins.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

grillingstation_zpskhxxomkn.jpeg

Since I cook on so many different things I did not want anything built into my outdoor kitchen. I had the roof extended at the end of my bar area and installed a light and have been cooking there. So far its been an excellent decision. I do have a fridge, sink, microwave, radio and cable run out there. We do use the fridge, hardly ever use the microwave, seldom watch TV because we have to drag one out there to watch it. I use the radio just about every time I cook. The sink comes in handy especially If we are blending drinks and need to rinse things off. I did wish I had built in a burner built in but I picked up an induction cook top and couldn't be happier with that too! I also wished we added more drawers which we can do in the future if we want to spend the $$$ to do it. There is also a ceiling fan with a light installed and boy was that a great idea, I'm so happy that fan is there in July, Aug, and Sept. Not really any suggestions just letting you know my likes and dislikes with my setup.

Can't think of any reason why you couldn't take the left side table off. Right side table with the side burner would be a bit of an issue though. Could probably see if builder could fashion some kind of bracket for the burner.

I would have it built into the kitchen area, so to speak. Like you see in craftsman houses where hutches, etc. were built into wall, etc. Things looked
like they were there before house was built and the house was built around it.
Take off wheels or build a facia across front bottom to hide the wheels and then have what ever you decide as far as material built right up to the dimensions of the grill, along the sides,
then match flat surface to side tables with their radius.
my 2 cents!

Thanks for the input guys.

@John - That's exactly what I'm thinking, not having built in. Going to have an area where my KK will sit but not have it built in. Similar with my Weber gasser, however, I wouldn't mind having it built in as it will last for years.

Going to do LOTS of storage, counter space and bar space. Thinking about putting in a counter cooler too that we can fill with beverages and cover with ice. Fans, speakers but I doubt I'll do a TV. Planning on having my main grill facing pool so while I'm grilling I can see it and then counter behind grill so people can face my grill/me and watch their kids/grandkids. KK at one of the ends. Probably install mister system too to help beat the 110 degree Vegas heat mid-summer.

Have two companies lined-up to come out and give me bids so far. Hope this doesn't hurt too much but I think with not doing plumbing and gas it should save me a few bucks.

After meeting with two builders I think I've decided to do a "drop in" vs. build around my existing grill, will just look better and when you're spending this type of coin I suppose you want it to look as good as possible. Thinking I'll pick-up a Summit S-460. A shame as I have this brand new E-330. My son my get a great grill for his new place LOL.

Larry, what looked bad about doing it just like the Summit in the photo you posted ? Pull the side tables off and flush the counter to the grill box. If you want a side burner, see about buying the drop in one from Weber. If you don't want a side burner, cap off the manifold where the current side burner's gas tube connects.

All that said, a Summit would look sweet ;).

Back