newb needs help - blower not running (new setup)

CWhiteside

I just got the kit this weekend and have it all assembled. The webui comes up and the lcd looks all fine, can navigate through the menu. However, I assume the blower should be running, but it isn't. I tried going into manual mode and setting from 0% to 100% and nothing. I am using a digiq blower. If I connect the blower directly to the 12v pi power supply, it runs. However when I have the 12v power supply connected to the pi, probes plugged in, the blower isn't operating. Any guidance someone can provide would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!

Yes, pit temp is set to 320. Probes are showing 73. No fan. Btw, this is a HeaterMeter 4.3 version 20161230B

I just noticed it says no pit probe. Is that the problem? I a not using a thermocouple.

Yeah if it says there's no probe it won't run the fan no matter what. I've messed with my old Maverick probes and I noticed they don't make good contact with the outside of the jack they plug into, but the Thermoworks are a perfect fit. If you have a Maverick probe maybe hold it a little sideways and see if it registers a temp?

Yes, pit temp is set to 320. Probes are showing 73. No fan. Btw, this is a HeaterMeter 4.3 version 20161230B

I just noticed it says no pit probe. Is that the problem? I a not using a thermocouple.

Is it a thermocouple model just without one plugged in? If so set probe 0 to disabled in the configuration, when I do that Probe 1 becomes the pit probe.

use the HM buttons to put the blower in manual mode, then you can use the HM buttons to sweep the fan speed from 0-100 to see if it works.

Back