Happy Thanksgiving, good luck on your cooks, thanks to all for this forum

NickMV

TVWBB Fan
Just wanted to say....

1. Happy Turkey Day! I'm sure there's plenty of yall out there getting your pits ready, making last preps, drying the turkey post-brine, you name it......
2. Good luck on your cooks, don't get too drunk and ruin the bird.

3. And finally, a huge shout-out to all the folks who keep this forum running --- admins, and then folks like you and me. As a gadget nerd and BBQ enthusiast, I have to say that this is one of the coolest devices/communities out there, and if it weren't for the hard work of folks like Bryan, Ralph, John, and others, this wouldn't be here and we'd all likely have plain-jane Guru's.

So cheers! I for one will be spectating today, and instead giving my new RD3 a trial run starting early tomorrow morning with two 11lb bone-in pork butts.

Thanks Nick, I am thankful for all the community members who help out the new guys with hardware troubleshooting and providing insight to using the software more effectively. I couldn't do it without you all!

Happy Thanksgiving to all and hope some folks are smoking up a turkey!

I'm thankful that on a day when it is pouring rain, I can just clamp down on the top damper and switch my HM from servo control to blower control. Thanks to the community that made this versatility possible.

This is a great forum! Especially around Thanksgiving.

I used to cook my turkey on my WSM low and slow. 225 to 250. Finally I read about cooking it at high temp on the WSM with all the vents fully open! Works great and has a better flavor to me than low and slow!

So, this Thanksgiving, I am thankful for this forum and my WSM!!

Also thankful for my Weber Genesis gas grill and my Weber Kettle grill!

I am warming the ham right now on the Genesis at 250 and am cooking my turkey in the WSM at 350. So, the two have reversed roles!!

Back