Cincinnati "River Grill Before the Big Chill" looking for teams

Thanks for posting that. I have no delusions of competing (Pro or otherwise) but I would like to go and check it out. Didn't know until now that we had any BBQ Comps in the Cincy area?

There are actually two. The Buckeye BBQ State Championship is in May in West Chester, and The River Grill event. I judged the West Chester Event, and will be competing in the River Grill Before the Big Chill Backyard Event. Stop by and say hi. My Team is Smokey Joe's. There were over 50 Pro Teams for the 1st comp, and 25 Backyard (Wings Friday and Ribs Saturday). Maybe we can get you interested in comps!
In addition there is an Indiana State Competition in Liberty, Indiana and another in Madison, IN

I have a cousin who competed last year in brisket. I might go this year to check it out but may be working. I also would be interested in the backyard comp. merely for the love of bbq, i'm merely a novice that just started this year so i wouldnt expect anything other than the comradery. Oh yeah, my cousin's name was smoke alo's. I'm interested to see what all i would need to bring to compete

Backyard Division filled up almost immediately. I'll be competing in the Backyard Competition again this year. They have changed it up a little...
Last year chicken wings judged on Friday and ribs on Saturday, both with "celebrity" judges. This year it's KCBS judges and they have added Pork Butt and expanded chicken beyond wings. I'm pumped! It's basically 3/4 of a Pro Comp! Stop by and say Howdy!

Back