Genesis Silver C Questions

Chris_R

So I picked up this gem from craigslist yesterday. It's in about as good of shape as one could ever hope for. Previous owner said they rarely used it, and it stayed under a cover most of it's life....and it shows. Aside from a light cleaning, I think the only thing it may need is new flavorizer bars....and that's only because I haven't touched them yet, so they may just need a little surface rust knocked off to be good to go.

My question is, can anyone tell me the exact year/model I've got? I've figured out it's a Genesis Silver C, but I was trying to look up a manual on the Weber website, and it lists many Genesis Silver C's from like 2001 - 2005.

Thanks!

YmbPARZ.jpg

Find the s/n and than search it on the weber site it will tell you the year though it is truly not important since the designs did not change much over the years

Serial number will tell you for sure, it's usually on the side near the propane tank. You may need to lift off the work surface to see it.

I'll take a stab though... Looks to me like a genesis gold that had the lid replaced with a silver. The lower frame having stainless doors and the tray in the front on the right is usually from a gold. But the lid is definitely a silver.

Another possibility is that is was a "special edition"... Some of them came with different grates and options if bought from certain retailers.

I'm curious about it, let us know what you find out.

Back