Weber Genesis Serial not matching up

MLui

Just wanted to say hi to the community, I came across this while making my mini weber smoker and found it nothing but helpful...

So my parents neighbor threw out (what I thought was) their Weber Genesis Gold with a side burner. Its very similar to my parents from early 2000's... So I ended up grabbing it since it looked like it was in decent condition, and nothing more than some elbow grease, and some replacement parts and it would look as good as new. So I found where the serial number was, but it basically wore away due to weathering. The serial number was faint, but i was still able to look it up in Weber's schematics database. When I in put the serial # it came up as a Black Weber Genesis Silver C with no side burner. It also said Silver C on the serial sticker.... The serial number obviously does not match up. The lid says Weber Genesis Gold, has a stainless steel hood, and a side burner.

First thing that came to my head was, maybe it was restore from different Webers, but the serial number's schematics doesn't even have a side burner. Has anyone seen this issue before? and the reason why I'm asking is because I need to purchase replacement parts. It seems like I need burners after 2002, but just want to make sure.

Any help would be great. I will also be posting pictures of my restore.

That's odd it could be a kit bashed conversion or possibly the store that sold made the changes. Where did you find the serial number on the frame or under the control panel? The reason I ask is I picked up what I thought was an 1000 series 13 FB off of CL but the serial # on the frame said it was an silver B. It looked like someone had a rusted frame and swapped the 1000 tube into a silver B cart.

If you can post some pictures of the grill and burners there are lots of folks on here that are pretty much experts on IDing what you have.

Back