Newly restored Redhead

EddieKane

TVWBB Member
Just finished restoring a 1997 Redhead and had a question. I installed new Stainless Steel burners and the temp gets upwards of 700 degrees, however I noticed when I started cooking that there was a major hot spot in the left rear of the grilling area and the food cooked very slow on the right side and upfront. Its almost as if the front burner isn't on...even though I can see the flames coming off of it and they appear normal. Just curious whether anyone had any ideas of things I can change, check, or adjust? Thanks!!!

Did you disassemble the valves and clean? Especially the orifice on each one. Weber told me about this and I was pretty shocked at the amount of corrosion propane leaves on that brass. Also check the regulator.

No I didn't even think to do that. Thanks for the suggestion! The regulator is brand new so I'm hoping it not the issue. I'll try cleaning those valves and see what difference makes.

Did you disassemble the valves and clean? Especially the orifice on each one. Weber told me about this and I was pretty shocked at the amount of corrosion propane leaves on that brass. Also check the regulator.

Are there any special instructions on how to clean the valves?

Take a look first at the orifice(s). They unscrew from the front of the valve. Clean then thoroughly with solvent and make sure the small opening is not blocked. Odds are if the valves turn freely no need to disassemble. If not do them one at a time. 2 small screws on top inside you'll find a stop/click plate, a spring and small brass cone. If you need to go that far you can PM me but I think you'll be fine with the orifice cleaning

Back