wire routing for digiQ

OK, so I bought a Digiq, how are you guys routing the probe wires? I was gonna do the lamp bushing mod, but with the alligator clip, the biggest I could find wouldnt hold it...

Are you just doing the lid squish or....?

I purchased the wsm grommet from BBQ guru,it replaces one of the nuts and bolts the grate sits on,no drilling,easy as 1,2,3

The kit comes with 2 grommets and a flaring tool for like $10. I think it was

that product says:

"NOTE: The Maverick ET-732 has a larger probe and does NOT fit through the eyelet holes"

It wont fit the maverick, let alone the digi`dx pit probe with the clip.

that product says:

"NOTE: The Maverick ET-732 has a larger probe and does NOT fit through the eyelet holes"

It wont fit the maverick, let alone the digi`dx pit probe with the clip.

The maverick won't fit but the digi Q pit probe will,just remove the alligator clip and put it back on after you pass the probes through the grommet. Your other option would be to cut a notch on the rim which is a popular mod on the wsm's and kettles.

Also you can check the Cajun bandit site,he has the bigger grommets that I believe the maverick probes will fit through.

I feel so utterly ridiculous after pulling the clip off removing it from my grate today. DUH!!! ha. ok cool. I will experiment and see what direction I want to go....

Holy Cow!! I am using digiQ dx2 for the 1st time today and was having the same issue. I did the lamp rod mod. I would have never thought to try and remove alligator clip!! Im with you Carson and thanks Jay for the tip!!!

Holy Cow!! I am using digiQ dx2 for the 1st time today and was having the same issue. I did the lamp rod mod. I would have never thought to try and remove alligator clip!! Im with you Carson and thanks Jay for the tip!!!

lol,it happens,when i got mine i thought the same thing until i pulled the alligator clip,glad i can help..let me know how you like the digi q

Back