weekend warrior, sub $200 budget... WSM 22.5" which ATC unit?

my gadget hungry man brain wants to buy a stoker with all the goodies...

but I just dont cook enough, compete, or need that level.
I just want a legit ATC for the pit. I have a maverick for food/pit monitoring... but want to be able to manage the other 15 chainsaws I juggle most weekends (Or sleep) while I cook...

I am tech savvy enough for an Auber style, but would do a simple one like iq120 as well.

If you were me,.... what would you buy? and why?

I just want a legit ATC for the pit. I have a maverick for food/pit monitoring... but want to be able to manage the other 15 chainsaws I juggle most weekends (Or sleep) while I cook...

I am tech savvy enough for an Auber style, but would do a simple one like iq120 as well.

I'm the same boat exactly. Basically trying to decide if I care about WIFI or not. If not, then I'm inclined the the DigiQ route.

man i just got done doing a butt over brisket on my 18.5 wsm and digi Q dx2 that i set up last night and both meats hit the grates at 11:30 pm yesterday and i slept like a BABY only waking up to wrap the brisket.i still have unlit briquettes and only loaded it once prior to the cook..14 hours at a very steady 250*.. i know you said a $200. budget but if you can sueeze out the extra hundie go for the digi Q dx2 or try and find a used one assuming someone wants to part with it...never had the iq 120 tho i came close to buying to but im in love with my dx2.. good luck with what ever choice you make

I've used the PartyQ on mine and it works well at smoking temps (250°ish), not sure how well it would do for a high heat cook but unless you were in adverse weather conditions I think it would do it.
Battery life is not the best, but never fear! Here's a simple conversion to AC power: http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?47825-PartyQ-AC-adapter-mod-for-less-than-10-bucks

thanks Greg,good to know because i will be treating myself to the party Q and will do th AC power conversion

I have an Auber as well, but the simplicity of the PartyQ is ideal since the purpose is just a little peace of mind on overnighters.

Back