Guru Cyber Q WiFi hookup

Morrey Thomas

TVWBB Super Fan
I have been a bit hesitant to upgrade from my DigiQ to the WiFi CyberQ. Is it really as tough as some say to get it configured into the infrastructure mode? All this negative setup publicity (reviews) has me concerned to try one.

It offers me the features I need, but I may not be tec savvy enough to pull this off. I know my way around an iPad, iPhone, laptop well enough to operate them properly, but by no means a programmer type.

Go for it!!! Worst case scenario you can call customer service for help. After a few emails and a phone call, Damien remotely accessed my computer and set the whole thing up for me in about fifteen minutes. The next day I was checking and controlling my temps while out shopping. It's an awesome unit.:wsm:

Yep, don't worry if you can't do it. I couldn't and so I called CS and Damien called me right back. He remoted in to my computer and was done in 10-15 minutes as well. Love mine. Wish I got mine a long time ago.

Well, the CyberQ does require some tec savvy to connect. I had questions and frustrations but finally got it going and working correctly. Now that I am past the hard part...I love this unit. I'd buy it again tomorrow!

Gentleman.....a cyberq related question: I am operating in infrastructure mode just fine. Looking at my cyber q while out shopping on my iPhone and at my office via desktop. All good.

However, I needed to switch back to ad hoc at a remote cook. I switched back to ad hoc and checked my settings but none of my wireless devices would see the cyber q. I did a four button hard reset and the unit connetced with my iPad immediately. Problem is that I lost all of my settings in the cyberq and had to start back from scratch. My router was fine with port forwarding and protocol reservations, so that was ok.

Has anyone switched back and forth between infra and ad hoc with no problems? Any tips or things to look for or at?

Thanks.

Back