What model is this one?

Looks like a newer version of my '97 Spirit. It's a tad on the small size but it compliments my Performer. In fact I was making burgers on the Performer and hot dogs on the Spirit last night!

It's a very good grill. Even at 12 years old it is much better than the crap grill it replaced. Although it only has 2 burners it doesn't have any problems heating up.

97spirt500.jpg

It looks like a Genesis Silver A from around 2001-2003 in nice condition. Missing the thermometer. I'd grab it if you need a gasser.

Well, I bought it. Its in pretty good shape but it needs the flavorizing bars replaced and of course the thermometer. The warming rack is also in bad shape. The main grate is in pretty good shape. Here is what the tag underneath says.

Silver A
Serial #: DU0761247
Model #: 2240000
Part #: 2271001
BTU: 22,000

Does this info help anyone tell me exactly what I have. Thanks.

Wayne

Looking at Weber's website, I think I have an 02-03 Genesis Silver A SWE. I'm going to order a few new parts to bring it up snuff. Is Weber the best place to order parts? I found a website called bbqparts.com that seems to have decent prices and has what I need. Has anyone ever ordered from them? Thanks.

Wayne

Well, I ordered some new parts for the grill and they should be in next week. I've been cleaning it up and need to do more. I went to the local Ace Hardware today and they had some older Genesis parts on clearance. I got the thermoplastic table top and a new handle for $23 They also had some of the older wood slat foldup table sides and bottom shelfs and some fold up thermoplastic table tops as well as the plastic table top for the older Genesis Silver B&C.

I looked up the date code and it appears to be a 2002 model. I can't wait to get the new parts and put everything back togethor and cook on it.

Wayne

Pat, I forgot to answer your question. It does not have the cast iron grates, just the regular ones. I received all of my replacement parts today so I will be working on getting it back in shape.

Wayne

I got all of the replacement parts installed and it almost looks like a new one. I need to take some pictures soon. I hooked the gas up and started it up and let it warm up. It got to about 525* on the temp gauge. Now I just need to cook something on it.

Wayne

Back