Hi from Tallahassee

John Tate

TVWBB Member
I have been a lurker on the forums for about five years and have finally pulled the trigger and joined. I am a converted BBQ hater, born and raised in the UK (yes, another Brit on the site!!) where the outdoor cooking scene was not very good, I survived the cremated hotdogs, the flash charred burgers (still raw on the inside) and the botulism chicken by avoiding all things BBQ like the plague.

I have now been re-born since moving over here, what a steep learning curve I have been on! Still learning and thanks to this site and the people that post here have managed to produce some tasty eats. I am using a Weber 22.5 OTS and am amazed at what it is capable of cooking, from burgers and hot dogs to low and slow Boston Butts.

Currently residing in northern Florida which means I am able to grill pretty much all year round without the weather being too much of a problem, usually fire up the Weber a couple of times a week and have a "things to cook" list that just gets longer and longer - mainly due to this site!!!

Welcome aboard John! As for being a Brit, some of the nicest people I know are Brits. And by the ways, thanks for the kbb info.

Welcome to the forum John. You'll find the list of things to cook grows faster than you can actually scratch things off the list.

Back