How many cookers in your backyard?

Kaz S

TVWBB Pro
With access to any grill/smoker on the market, i'm wondering how many cookers do you keep at home for your regular family cookouts? Which is your go to and see's the most use?

I have a older single table green 22.5 platinum, a red 22.5 MT, 18.5 wsm, a e-320, and a R&V works Cajun fryer. My platinum is my go to cooker. I used to get flack about the number of grills, until I gave the M-I-L a matching black e-310 & 22.5 OTG and cook over there once a month. Now magically the flack about the number of grills has stopped, and the misses said I could even add a Ranch if I find one at a good price!

Kaz,
Now this question is right up my alley!!. I have 27 Weber cookers at home, including my most recent 1960's model Weber kettle grill. I would have to say the three that get the most use are my Smokey's (7), 26.75 inch Weber kettle (2) and my Summit 670. Although I try to rotate using all of my grills these seem to be the ones I use more than others.

I can appreciate the flack for having so many grills. This seems to always be a point of daily discussion with my wife. Although she loves all the food I cook, she does not love all the space the grills take up. But hey, its what I do for a living and seriously, who does not need 27 Weber grills?!!

What's your favorite?

Kk

Wow that is alot of grills. My wife hates that I have four. I have a Brinkman 3 burner gas grill (want to upgrade to one of the weber models but still saving up, my 22" weber kettle, my 18.5 wsm, and my little weber smokey joe silver.

I can understand your cache of 27 grills, however, for an ordinary guy or gal, what is your take? I have a Genesis, WSM, a Q (Hurricane grill that's portable) and the OTP. Other than size differences, do you see a reason for something else?...................David

I have a 2012 genesis which I love, and a 18.5" wsm. Unless I start cooking for parties larger than 15, can't imagine needing anything else. Weber for life....

David, As far as webers go, I think your set.*

I love my deep fryer. For quick baskets of fish, chicken, or fries. I highly recommend at least a 4 gallon cajunfryer.com I have a 6 gallon, but have used other peoples 4 gallons several times and they are fantastic cookers.

I've used a Caja China box several times and it's impressive for big cooks like going whole hog or small gator. It's way more manageable and affordable than most hog cookers. It's very impressive in front of guests too. Because of the fire on top, very cool Wow factor. We use it often at my dad's at pool parties and u can cook burgers and dogs for the kids over the coals while the hog cooks below. It blows peoples minds because it's such a different style of cooking.

Maybe these are more than what the average person needs, but if your here you love outdoor entertaining and high quality equipment.*

David, As far as webers go, I think your set.*

I love my deep fryer. For quick baskets of fish, chicken, or fries. I highly recommend at least a 4 gallon cajunfryer.com I have a 6 gallon, but have used other peoples 4 gallons several times and they are fantastic cookers.

I've used a Caja China box several times and it's impressive for big cooks like going whole hog or small gator. It's way more manageable and affordable than most hog cookers. It's very impressive in front of guests too. Because of the fire on top, very cool Wow factor. We use it often at my dad's at pool parties and u can cook burgers and dogs for the kids over the coals while the hog cooks below. It blows peoples minds because it's such a different style of cooking.

Maybe these are more than what the average person needs, but if your here you love outdoor entertaining and high quality equipment.*

I have been considering a fryer of some sort. At one time I had a CI pot with a stand with propane attachment that helped with many a neighborhood fish fry. It might still be up in the attic........need to go look, but sure it will need new hose etc., but even more important, where is that CI pot stored:confused:. Did many a mullet fry when I lived near your neck of the woods in Pensacola.........................d

I'm just on the other side of the bay from Pensacola. I got 5 nice mullet in my cooler right now, and a 10 lb bag of chicken quarters in the fridge. Gonna eat good tonight! Planning a butt tomorrow, I gotta work Monday.

The thing about the Cajun fryer's is they heat from the middle so it's not constantly burning all of the flour and "stuff" that falls to and sits on the bottom. I usually get about 30 cooks before I need to change the oil.

Awesome fellas!!

I gots me a mullet too!! :p

mypict2.jpg

Back