Help finding threads

FreddyJ

TVWBB Member
Can someone help a brother out finding threads to do mods to w sjg to make it hot?

A brother mentions a "wing mod" in his thread and I would like to know more about it http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?36343-How-I-made-my-SJG-hot

I read the various threads on charcoal postitioning and found that helped somewhat.
I was also drawn to the threads around modifying the SJG by putting in a vent in the bottom essentially making it a SJS.
I read a thread by someone who made wings of sheet metal to draw the air from the side vents down and under the charcoal. Cool idea.

Thank you for any help!

Ps, I have Alan's mod with foil going right now (kingsford briquette ) and its seems to be working great so far!

what you need to do is start reading this whole section on portable grills. its a looooong read but i bet you will gain a lot of info.
but really, there are only a few ways to make it run hot. foil, new vents and placement of those, placement of the coals. all this will
be needed to be understood so you can apply them to differant styles of cooking that you will want to do. practice is yer best bet but
reading is second.

Last edited:

Back