OTG Smooth Ash Catcher Operation?

Alan F

TVWBB Pro
Sometimes when you use remove and reinstall the ash catcher it’s difficult as metal on metal doesn’t want to move. Is there a way to make this process easier? Considering the high temps and it being near food I’m doubtful but am curious if anyone as a solution. In other situations you could just apply grease to the edges.

Some do hang up (like mine also). Its where the pan comes in contact with the leg straps on the ring. There was a good thread on fixing it w/pics, but I can't find it doing a search..
Simple way to explain it is mark the pan when its in the locked and unlocked position in relation to the straps with a sharpie.
Than using a Dremel or grinder or even a file, remove a slight indentation, like a looong U till you run friction free.

Tim

This is even worse and more frustrating on the new (2012) 26.75 OTGs. The grill itself is great, but the catcher mount is ho-REE-BULL! The tabs don't align with the leg insert points. The best I can ever do is get 2 of the 3 inserted.

So basically every time you dump the ash pan you have to reinstall the holding ring. Cause it's certainly coming off too.

This is even worse and more frustrating on the new (2012) 26.75 OTGs. The grill itself is great, but the catcher mount is ho-REE-BULL! The tabs don't align with the leg insert points. The best I can ever do is get 2 of the 3 inserted.

So basically every time you dump the ash pan you have to reinstall the holding ring. Cause it's certainly coming off too.

Same with my 06 OTG. I just flipped it over and added three self-tapping screws through the straps--sockets and into the legs.
Real secure since than..

Tim

Back