Stoker setup

Joe S.

TVWBB Super Fan
I have a wireless router on my pc. I have a laptop with a wireless card.If I hard wire the stoker to the laptop with the wireless card will I see it on any PC , if so how do I get that to work?

Thanks,

Joe

Can you clarify what you are asking? I am confused about "hardwired" and wireless as they are opposite ways of connecting. Hardwired means using an ethernet cable.

Just explain to us how you want to connect the stoker and to which device.

Joe, it sounds like you are wanting to connect an ethernet cable from your Stoker to your laptop. This will allow the Laptop to use Stokerlog to monitor the Stoker. But it will not be accessible by another PC.

I think you are thinking about a router, in order to make it accessible to other PCs. The wireless card on your laptop is just used to be able to pick up the wireless signal from a router. So if the Stoker were connected via an ethernet cable (hard wired) to a wireless router, then you could pick up that wireless signal from the router and be able to run Stokerlog to monitor the Stoker box.

If you opened up the port on the router while you had the Stoker hard wired to the router, you could then access the Stoker on any PC outside of your network -- someone else with more knowledge could help you out with that.

But from just reading your initial post, it sounds like you are confusing a wireless card (on your laptop) with what a router does.

If I have totally misunderstood your post, I'm sorry.

My setup was working remotely until my linksys got unplugged . I plugged it back in and now it can't connect to my pppoe. So I got my old wireless router smc and I cant get that one to work remotely. What I did figure out is that if I run a cable from my stoker to my smc router in the house my laptop with a wireless card can bring up the stoker by putting the stoker
address in but pc's remotely still cant pick it up. I'm just going to buy another linksys since That one was working remotely.
Sorry I made it confusng.

Thanks Steve and Amir.

Back