Curb find = Score!

Chris Weskoski

Saturday i found a excellent condition Weber Silver A out on the curb,loaded it up and took it home, the grates and flavorizor bar's had some heavy rust so went to HD and bought new Cst Iron grates and Flavorizer bar's and gave it a good cleaning, didnt look like it had much use and tried it out, i'll tell you it is so nice to cook a steak or chicken without the worry off a fire and cooked very fast compared to my Charbroil

Chris sounds like you picked up a real deal there so how much do you have wrapped up in this grill so far? Those older gas grills are real nice and solid.
Weclome to our little club.

I have over a $100 in it now, but noticed the rear burner was hard to light.
The crossover tube was patially plugged, but while trying to clean it i poked a hole it so i found one on amazon and need a warming rack due to rust for under $20, dso now maybe $120 in it.
Cooked a London Broil Sunday and couldn't believe how fast it cooked and not one flareup!!

120 for a good solid 3 burner grill is hard to find anywhere, If you take and keep that out of the weather and clean it at least once a year you will replce it only because you are tried of looking at it. They do cook well and fast congrats.

Way to work friday and there was another Weber on ther curb right down the street from me, took a look at it, it was red, been left outside all it's life, the wood handle was faded, it was a 3 burner assume maybe a B or C?, opened the cover and had cast iron grates, missing the side plate, i couldnt get it otherwise of been late to work, on the way home it was gone....ohh well, it would of cost me some bucks to restore that one

Back