Difference between SJG & SJS

Andy Beers

TVWBB Diamond Member
What are the differences between the SJG and SJS. all I can see is the gold has the handle but no heat shield but the silver has the heat shield which I think is necessary. Can you get a gold with the heat shield because I like the handle as well.If not than the silver is way to go IMHO.

That's not a heat shield, it's an ash catcher. On the gold the vents are on the sides so no ash escapes which makes it more portable, but also inhibits air flow.

Its interesting. The golds have a handle and no bottom ash catcher. the intemt is to be portable and also be able to use it in a place that you don't want to accidently start a fire.
yet the silvers, with a bottom vent, is not meant to be that portable. But now, they have a carry bag for them,so It just became portable again. I see Weber elimintating one of these grills very soon. With so many condos and apts putting a ban on open fire and even gas bbq's, the only real use is portability. So, we;ll see but my guess is that the gold could go away. Why else make and sell a bag?

Back