FREE weber Gasser!!

Tim (the grillaholic)

TVWBB Super Fan
So I was working earlier today when on my way out of a neghborhood I saw a Weber gasser sitting beside the road. I was running behind (and I knew I had to return to the neighborhood in an hour) so I decided to wait to look at it. When I returned an hour later (much to my happiness) the Weber was still sitting at the curb. I decided "what the heck" and stopped to talk to the owner. Well, long story short, I just got home with my Free gasser! I have lots of pics to upload, and will post them later.
The exterior seems to be in great shape, it s the interior that needs help. The burners and the flavorizer bars ARE SHOT! the CI grates are in great shape, (just need to be cleaned) and the warming rack seems to be in decent shape as well.
this is my 1st rehab, so I am still not entirley sure of the model of this grill.(or how old it is) Here is the info I found under the grill...
Serial #DT0792656
Model #2240000
Part # 2271411
BTU Tot. 22,000
Thanks in advance for any help and info,
Tim

Great find. Can't wait to see pics. If you call weber customer service they can tell you everything you need to know about the grill but based on the serial number it looks like this is what you've acquired. As a final word of advice I would suggest that if you are going to order something from weber and they aren't going to comp it, make sure you are sure you aren't going to need anything else from them since they charge a $7 flat fee for shipping. I didn't do this with my restore and had to get 3 shipments
icon_frown.gif

Good luck and keep us posted.

Thanks Justin, here are the pics...
P4271438.jpg

P4271435.jpg

These used to be the burners and flavorizing bars!
P4271442.jpg

P4271433.jpg

The CI grates and the warming rack
P4271431.jpg

Check out the handle with a light built in..
Also, the shiny spot is a spot that has some of the build up cleaned off..
P4271434.jpg

It is missing the catch can and the can holder
P4271440.jpg

Rear view
P4271437.jpg

Again, thanks for looking and any advice/help given. Are there any good web sites (other than Weber CS) to look for replacement parts?
All in all, Not a bad little find for about $7.00 worth in gas!!
Thanks again,
Tim

Tim,
Based on your serial #, you have this: Silver A 2002-03
There are other sites that sell Weber parts.
Grillparts.com, Gasgrills.com. You get the idea.
Google is yuor friend!
Weber may be the best place. Also, once you figure out what you need, you can check eBay.

Are you sure the burners are bad? Get the junk out of there and see if the tubes are bad.
Replace the flavor bars with Stainless. There is an eBay seller who has good prices.
Also, be sure to clean out the tubes.
Here is a link to a manual that may be yuors:
Silver A Manual
Good luck and have fun!
AJ

Too cool Tim. I rescued mine almost a year ago from the curb on big trash day. I was running errands and saw the thing on my way home. Eyeballed it, poked at it, sized it up to see if I could possibly get it into my trunk. Ended up rolling it the 1/4 mile to the house. Same as you, I was missing the drip pan.

Cleaned up nicely. Only required a warming rack.

IMG_9001.JPG

IMG_9002.JPG

IMG_9004.JPG

IMG_9005.JPG

I bought my 3 burner for $25. It had an almost full tank of propane to boot!
It's like geting it for $5 bucks.
Still need to rehab it, but most of it looks in good condition.
Oh yeah, It came with a nice genuine Weber cover too.
icon_smile.gif

Ok, so the rehab is in its infant stages. I have cleaned all the worn out flavorizer pieces, and as much debris as I initially could. My first find is that A) the burners look to be in good shape. It is the cross over tube that (at this time) MUST be replaced.
P4301661.jpg

P4301662.jpg

I have found one on line for around 6.50. my question is, has anyone changed only the cross over tube and not the main burners? B) there appeare to have been 2 bolts that held the burners in place on the left side of the grill basin. Both of these are missing. (why someone would remove these is beyond me)so there is a simple purchase from Lowes.
Also, I have noticed that the metal housing that covers the ignitor is partially rusted.
P4301663.jpg

(I have tested the ignitor and it appears to be functioning propperly) I have looked at the manual (and the exploded parts list) and cannot seam to find this piece.
At any rate, the rehab has begun, learning and having a blast as I go!
Thanks again,
Tim

Hey Tim,
That cover that is rotted out is actually part of the ignitier. If it fails to light, just replace the whole unit. I haven't taken mine apart yet, but the crossover tube seems to be a common failure.
From Anazon, the igniter.

Back