My Silver A has a big brother!

Hank B

TVWBB Pro
The CL ad said "Old Gas Weber Grill." The key phrase in the description was "Reply to this and I will let you have it free ..." which I did. I just got back from picking up what I guess is a Genesis Silver B. It looks like the three burner version of my Silver A.

P1010273-PP.JPG

It included a propane tank and cover. When I got it home and opened it up, I was very pleased to see a stainless grate and flavorizer bars. Score!

The only deficits are missing thermometer and a cover that looks like the right one for my Silver A. (Too bad I already bought a cover for that one...) I'm also not sure if I can get the tank filled. It has the OPD valve but I think it is older than 12 years. I might have to exchange it.
icon_wink.gif
The tank did have enough propane to light it, which it did on the first try. A little cleaning and I'll have another great Weber!

Thanks, Gary and Regina.
I still pretty excited about the deal. I actually did pretty well on CL this week. Early in the week I picked up a rotisserie for my Silver A for $5 US. It had never even been fully unpacked, let alone used. I checked and it will fit the Silver B as well.

I'd like to find a cover for it now. I've just been searching Amazon to see what they have and it's not clear what will work. The only one I've found that specifically lists the Silver B (#9857) lists for over $50 with no free shipping. There are a bunch of others that cost less but none specifically list the Silver B. Also WRT the covers, I have seen comments to avoid the ones with the mesh vents. Why is that? The cover for my Silver A has a mesh vent that falls over the lid hand across the front. (And I now have two covers to fit my Silver A.
icon_wink.gif
)

Congrats Walter-seems like you are starting to get a case of Weberitis-it won't go away-it will only get worse...I think pretty much everyone on these boards already has it.

Back