Performer shelf mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom (Gunner)

TVWBB Super Fan
Hey Guys,

I have a performer and the plastic grey shelf is cracked..is there a mod out there to turn it into a metal shelf? I have seen pictures of people having a metal shelf instead of plastic...I tried to do a search but nothing came up..any ideas or info out there?

Thanks!

I haven't seen any table mods myself but I believe the metal table you are referring too are the older performers that were made prior to 2000, they had stainless steel tables.

Tom,

I believe it is still under warranty. My newer performer w/ the thermoplastic top has a 10 year warranty. They made the metal / Stainless top until '03.

Give weber a call and they should ship you one out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JSMcdowell:
Tom,

I believe it is still under warranty. My newer performer w/ the thermoplastic top has a 10 year warranty. They made the metal / Stainless top until '03.

Give weber a call and they should ship you one out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah duh! It should totally be under warranty! Good call thanks Josh!

I just checked my manual and it says it has a 33 pound limit, so you might not want to mention someone sat on it, if that is indeed the case
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JSMcdowell:
I just checked my manual and it says it has a 33 pound limit, so you might not want to mention someone sat on it, if that is indeed the case
icon_smile.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha...exactly what happened! Good call, I won't say anything...Anyone got a good excuse they can come up with? I could say I put a 32 pound turkey on it and it cracked...haha!

I'm sure that if you go to a machine shop they can fabricate a ss top for you that you could put over the plastic surface. By the way the last ss Performer was made in 2004. The plastic tops came out in 05.

Good news! I called Weber and my Performer table top is under warranty so they are sending me a brand spanking new one! Weber warranties are the best!!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back