Genesis 3100 Red finally done!!!!!

James O'Brien

TVWBB Fan
It's been a long time coming but I've finally finished my restore. The wood really makes it look complete. Not only do these grills cook great but they look great too!!! Even the wife said "wow that looks really nice".

IMG_7332.JPG

Thanks guys! I love this grill, I recently acquired a blue hood from a decrepit old NG freebie on CL, I have to decide if I want to swap the red out for the blue so soon after it looks so sweet. I could just keep them both and swap them out when I feel like a change...hmmm good idea
icon_smile.gif

The side burner cover came that way, poor thing will never shine again. My plan is to remove the side burner and put another wood table in it's place. Basically convert it to 2000. I'll get more use out of a table on a daily basis and if I need the side burner I'll just plug it back in, weber made this accessory very convenient.
icon_biggrin.gif

Hi,

Hubby was just going through our Weber paperwork and found our Owner's Manual for a unit like you restored. We haven't had the grill for, gee, over 15 years now, but the book was still on file. It's copywrite is 1989.

If you have any interest in having it, we'd be happy to mail it to you, otherwise it's hitting the circular trash receiver. I know they are likely available as a download, but thought there might be a possibility of you wanting an original copy.

ALSO...Doesn't sound like you want a side burner BUT...Hubby bought a new Weber grill yesterday, so our current Genesis 2001 is heading for the scrap pile. It has a side burner that looks just like the one on your restore, except in nicer condition.

Hubby says the ignitor may need to be replaced on it, he can't recall since we rarely used it. The lid looks pretty good, the burner grate has some slight surface rust on the bottom side which could be easily sanded off and repainted.

We'd be happy to give it to you (you cover the postage). I don't know how much it would run to mail or ship -- we're in the Seattle area. If you're interested we could figure it out somehow.

I've never posted photos here, let's hope this works...

Pics:

SBLid.jpg

SB.jpg

BrnBtm.jpg

Connie

Connie,

I would be very interested in both the manual and the side burner. True I don't use the side burner much but when I do I'd prefer it to look as good as the rest of the grill
icon_smile.gif

I have a fedex shipping account that I can give that would cover all of the shipping, you'd just have to get it in a box to ship it.

My email is in my profile. If you can send me your email then I can send you a shipping label. All you'd have to do then is stick it to the box and drop it off at a fedex office (old kinkos).

Thank you for the generous offer, I love this board for this exact reason.

James

Fantastic! We are thrilled that these items will find a great BBQ home!

I will find your profile and contact you by email.

Back