Redi-Chek Remote Smoker Thermometer

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I am trying my new gadget for the first time. I cannot get the remote receiver to pick up the signal from the tramsmitter unless it is within a few feet of the transmitter. All else is working fine and I tried two sets of brand new batteries. Am I doing something wrong?

Cheryl, refer to the instruction sheet under "registering reciever and transmitter"and be sure to turn on the reciever first then the transmitter within 60 seconds. It should beep within 5-10 seconds. This may be what the problem is. I know this might sound dumb, but make sure the batteries are in right. Other than that I don't know what it could be,it sounds like you are doing everything right. Good luck.

Bob

Actually I tried the registering a couple of times, but it didn't correct the problem. Maybe I have a bad unit???

Still sounds like you're registering them wrong. Turn on the one where you have to unscrew the back first, then quickly turn on the other one that has the switch on the outside.

Or....I guess it could be a bad unit...!

Once it works, you'll LOVE it.

It sounds like maybe the unit is bad. I'm sure that where ever you bought it from will replace it for you. I imagine anything that is mass produced has a bad one slip by every now and then, but like Susan said when it works you'll love it. I really like mine.

Bob

Strange enough I've had days where the remote only works within a few feet of the transmitter, while other days it works fine. Called Maverick and they told me it either works or it doesn't - no in-betweens. So I kept mine and it's been ok since. I consider it a tad on the flakey side, but it's cheap. I still think it's a good value for the money, just wish someone would produce a similar product of higher quality. I'd pay a good buck for it without blinking an eye.

Had the same problem with mine. Emailed The Gadget Source and they are sending a new one out. Great customer service. Hopefully this one works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back