How often do you clean the inside of your gas grill?

I give it a good cleaning about once a year and clean the drip tray and flavourizer bars about twice a year.
I scrub the grates after every use and then really clean them well when I do the overall cleaning.

Thanks for the info. I just replaced pretty much everything under the lid on the genesis silve A I bought recently. I want to keep things in good shape but I don't want to go overboard. I have just been cleaning off the grate with a weber brush after each use, not washing it off in the sink. Should I be cleaning it off in the sink? It is the SS one.

Wayne

I think if you wash it in the sink that might take away the seasoning you've been giving it. A good scrub with a wire brush is all it needs, and oil before every use.
If you like to grill a lot then the drip tray becomes so important. I forgot to clean it, or at least I was procrastinating doing it, and the drippings caught fire and made a hell of a mess, coating my meat in a thick, dark smoke with a very sharp taste. It almost cost me the whole load of meat. Now I make sure I keep it clean.

Wayne,

Frequency of cleaning will depend on frequency of use. You definitely do not want to get a build-up of sediment (grease, etc) that catches fire as Trev mentioned.

I personally turn the burners on high after each cook for about 4 to 5 minutes, and then brush the grill with a wire brush. I also heat up on high for about 10 minutes before any cook, and also re-brush the grill to clean. I check the grease build-up in the tray about every 6 weeks and clean if necessary.

Good luck.

Ray

Thanks for the reply. I have just been brushing the grate off with the brush. The cats or something else ended up cleaning the tray out for me. I found it on the ground the other day.

Wayne

Back