Battle II: Milk Chocolate

j biesinger

TVWBB Platinum Member
Please post prep pics here, as scheduled by the early thread regarding the rules. As discussed, during the Battle I post mortem, each competitor can post 4-6 prep pics on their scheduled day.

Good luck Iron Chefs!

Nice secret ingredient. I'm looking forward to the battle.

Good luck all!

Sweet! And i mean it....WAY to sweet for my taste...Was not even in the top 100
icon_razz.gif

A well lets roll!

*Edit*

With "Milk chocolate" is it ok to use the high cocoa bars aswell? And what about Cocoa powder ?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wolgast:
Sweet! And i mean it....WAY to sweet for my taste...Was not even in the top 100
icon_razz.gif

A well lets roll!

*Edit*

With "Milk chocolate" is it ok to use the high cocoa bars aswell? And what about Cocoa powder ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I doubt it, since cocoa bars/powder aren't anything close to milk chocolate.

The judges' choice was specific. We debated this, but ultimately we went with milk chocolate to encourage some real creativity. The spirit of IC is to push our skills. With Battle Egg, the recipes weren't the challenge, adapting them to the grill was. Milk chocolate is going to push it further.

The biggest issue with a tough ingredient was the fear factor. It seemed like people are reluctant to compete, and we didn't want to deter others from trying. Hopefully you guys can show the rest of the board how much fun this can be, even with a challenging ingredient. I know the judges aren't looking for perfection, keep that in mind, wink wink.

It's going to be a HOT chocolate battle, my friends. Gird your loins, Swedes! Here's the message from Team America: eat our <STRIKE>dust</STRIKE> M&Ms. Er...and happy cooking.
icon_smile.gif

And our Iron Chefs are off and running!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Daniel A - Starter
Daniel W - Main
Dennis L - dessert </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Swedes are boldly tipping their hand, letting us know what to expect from each member. Quite a move of confidence.

And what do we get in return from the Americans?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Here's the message from Team America: eat our dust M&Ms. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A little trash...er, sweet talk.
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by j biesinger:
Do we know which team is posting first?

I can flip a coin if need be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Flip it like a redheaded stepchild!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Flip it like a redheaded stepchild! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sweden: heads
America: tails

flip: tails (America's choice)

Ok we go first then. I have tryed so many bad things the past days. But im getting close. Looking forward to posting date.
icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Linda:
Wolgast! It's chocolate! It can't be bad!
icon_biggrin.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Milkchocolate aint chocolate, its candy....
icon_wink.gif

But I am gettin there to. And my family aint complaining for trying out alot of nice desserts.
icon_biggrin.gif

You are so right! It's candy for sure! But do you really want to get between me and a Hershey bar?
icon_wink.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
LOL!

Did anyone see the new Ben & Jerry's flavor - Late Night Snack? Its chocolate covered potato chips!

I can't wait to see what mad genius comes from this.

Back