Genesis Jr. Value?

D. Kent

I'm starting to run short on space in my back patio and as much as I don't like the idea of parting with it, my little Jr. just doesn't get used any more. I like my Genesis 2000 so much more and I don't need a compact grill like I once did.

The grill is in very good shape, I restored it about five years ago and even posted a few pics here on this forum. I found a guy who fabricated new flavorizer bars, purchased Weber's last set of SS grill grates, re-finished all the wood, still have the side table. The only thing it needs is some burner help. I have a new cross bar and a set of sacrificial burners to have a welder shorten to fit the Jr.

So, I'm wondering what I should ask for this grill? It's a perfect little grill for a small space, the only bad is it needs the burner work and a cover. It still grills just fine, if anything hotter than my other Weber.

Do you have recent pics? It looked awesome when you first restored it. Unfortunately I don't think it would be worth that much on CL since it is kinda small, and older so parts are harder to come by. It seems like half the posts about the jr from a TVWBB google search are for parts.

With that said, I may be interested in it for the right price. Email me when you decide to sell.

Its only woth as much as a collector is willing to pay. Craigslist is not likely to help you price it correctly. I would get it fixed and then figure out your restoration costs and go from there. Unfrotunately, gas grills don't hold much resale value. Someone will want it, but most collectors are looking for a deal.
Show us some pics..Please.

Your vacationing in San Diego this summer right? I want a red jr BAD to go with my red 3100. Never see these available but they are a lot of work to find replacement parts or get the burners modified. Think on that vacation
icon_biggrin.gif

Back