Temperatures on different parts of the animal

Tormod Eikill

TVWBB Member
I often wonder how high the temperature should be when I BBQ let's say meat. What cuts should have what temperature? Forepart should be higher, shouldn't it? Anybody there to help? Much appreciated!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tormod Eikill:
I often wonder how high the temperature should be when I BBQ let's say meat. What cuts should have what temperature? Forepart should be higher, shouldn't it? Anybody there to help? Much appreciated! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tormod, I don't understand what you are asking?
Could you clarify?

Are you BBQing a whole animal/fowl/fish of some sort, or pieces of one at the same time or at different times. What type of animal/fowl/fish are you Qing?

I think I get it?

Pork Butt cook to 190-200 so it will shread or 160-170 for slicing

Brisket 195

Ribs no temp but when the bone starts to show about .5 to .75" that is a good rule of thumb

My suggestion just check the cooking topics section of this website

Tormod,

Are you asking about the cooker temperature while smoking, or the internal temperature of the meat when it is finished? If you are asking about final internal temperature, the above link is a good starting point.

If you are asking about cooker temps, you will get different answers from different people, but generally speaking, cuts of meat with lots of fat and connective tissue benefit from low and slow while those that have little or no fat and connective tissue do not benefit from low temps. The upshot is that the same part of the animal with two different grades of beef might be ideally cooked at different temperatures. Therefore it is unwise to give hard and fast rules about cooker temperatures for cuts of meat. If you search this site you will see some very good discussions on cooker temps for different cuts of meat.

I don't know Norwegian... hehe

Uw vraag is verwarrend. Wilt u de definitieve gekookte vleestemperatuur wanneer het vlees met een weten thermometer wordt gesondeerd, of u wil weten welke temperatuur wordt gebruikt om een bepaald stuk van vlees te koken?

Votre question est embrouillante. Est-ce que vous voulez-vous savoir la température finale de viande cuite quand la viande est sondée avec un thermomètre, ou vous voulez savoir quelle température est employée pour faire cuire un morceau particulier de viande ?

Ihre Frage ist verwirrend. Möchten Sie die abschließende gekochte Fleischtemperatur kennen, wenn das Fleisch mit einem Thermometer geprüft wird, oder Sie möchten wissen, welche Temperatur verwendet wird, um ein bestimmtes Stück Fleisch zu kochen?

Back