Freezing Jalapenos?

Dave L.

TVWBB Pro
Two things. I planted too many jalapenos to use. I can't keep up with them. Can I freeze them whole. Just pick them, bag them and put them in the freezer? Also, CONGRATULATIONS to Kevin Kruger on his upcomming 10,000 post. WOW!!!

Thanks Dave. It will be a response for you:

Yup, you can freeze whole. I vac seal and am generous with the bag size so that I can cut the bag, remove what I need, then re-vac/reseal.

Was in Meriden yesterday, Richmond, Va this a.m. and now headed to W Hartford. Been hot/humid your way for a change, huh?

As I said in another thread. I just got back from vacation so my replies are late. Sorry folks.

Kevin, thanks for the tip about freezing the peppers. My wife does that all the time and I had no idea
icon_rolleyes.gif
. Yes, it has been hot and humid up here for the first time this summer but I'm not going to complain. It's probably like spring compared to the conditions you southern guys and gals get this time of year. And besides, we plan on retiring in the south in a few years so I better get used to it. Hope you had a pleasant stay up here. I have been meaning to call your brother for an estimate on some tree trimming if he is still in the tree business.

Back