Vacum Sealer Bags

Steve Mayer

TVWBB Fan
I have a food-saver and need to buy new bags. I usually buy rolls in 8" and 11" size. Does anyone have better sources to buy other then the food-saver website? I remember discussions about other brands that are just as good or better then food-saver and maybe cheaper.

TIA for your help!

If you buy in bulk from the Foodsaver website the price decreases & shipping is free.
eBay also has a number of vendors that sell bags that will work with foodsaver.

I buy mine through amazon in Canada. Not sure if you can through Amazon US. You could support this site then, as well orders over $25 ship for free. I pay ~$12 for 22 quart size bags. I don't know how this compares to your pricing.

Also, try this website: Doug Care Equipment. I've been using their bags for a little over a year now (someone here on the board recommended them, previously) and they've performed just fine. I will say that the plastic is a little thinner than FoodSaver's and they don't really like boiling water (curl much worse than FoodSaver)

Kevin H.

walmart and target have a box that includes 2x8" rolls and 3x12" rolls for 39.99. Price wise, you are getting a free 12" roll.

Bed Bath and Beyond sells rolls and you can use their ubiquitous 20% off coupons. Unfortunately, they don't sell that big box of 5 rolls.

Don't be afraid to use the mesh style bags with Foodsaver. These are all I buy and my father uses them just fine with his Foodsaver. There are a ton of suppliers out there so just do a search on the web and Ebay and you will find them. Here's a few that have been in business for a long time. The source I used for the last several years stopped handling the mesh bags but still sell the Foodsaver/Tillia bags. So I'll be changing suppliers next time I order:

Bowhunters Superstore

Many suppliers sell Foodsaver/Tillia bags as well as mesh so you can do price comparison as well.

Provaccuum

Sealers Unlimited

Weston

Yeah Michael that's the one I was referring to where I had been buying the mesh bags. Only reason I'm changing up is that I like the mesh bags so will be moving to another supplier. Bowhunters are great folks though. I've been into their store - it's a cool place, two stories. It's also where I bought my vac sealer (Pro 2300). They don't sell those sealers anymore either. If I was looking for the standard Tillia bags I would still be with them. They ship quick too. Highly recommended.

Back