porcelain

most i ever do is shoot it with the pressure washer at the begining of spring if its been stored for a while during winter. too **** cold to go outside a good part of the winter. using wire brushes will remove the finish. if your realllllly must brush your WSM use soft to medium nylon brush like what you use for dishes. do not use brushes "designed for a grill" ever on any pit. those are stricly for knocking chunks off of the grates.

well, in my quest to clean the porcelain, i used some clr. diluted a bit to 50/50 and put it on. left it on for two minutes and washed it off. it turned the porcelain white. so i think the stains and spots are the porcelain disintegrating or changing its structure. in the quest to see if there is an answer i will try a few other things and then move on.

well, i think i've given up. i've tried some other things from the net but no go. so stick with oven cleaner and steel wool.

Before I got my own WSM and borrowed my friends, I had to clean it before I used it because one of his friends returned it dirty, mold had started growing on it . I used warm water and used the blue Dawn hand dishwashing liquid soap. It worked great. I think the only part I would use oven cleaner on would be the cooking grates with them out of the WSM of course. There is a great section on this web site "Caring for your WSM", there is some great tips there that might work for you. Good luck and smoke on.

Back