bacon cure

When I'm making a savory bacon (I use this the most) I use dextrose. When I make a sweeter bacon I use something else like different sugars, syrups or honeys.

then thats why you told me to use dextrose. Lets see how I like this and conduct further research and culinary development. So regular bacon that was good a long time ago just has curing pink salt, dextrose, and cosher salt is that right.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by K Kruger:
When I'm making a savory bacon (I use this the most) I use dextrose. When I make a sweeter bacon I use something else like different sugars, syrups or honeys. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We have been using different excalibur cure - dry cure process than smoked. I would like a sweeter bacon. What is the procedure for producing a sweeter bacon?

Add more sweet to the cure. Once you have your dry cure formula worked out either replace the sugar used with, say, maple sugar, brown sugar, piloncillo or the like, and/or up the quantity of sugar used, and/or simply add a flavorful syrup to the curing mix (like maple syrup, guarapo, agave, et al.), or add honey.

Back